Economic hard times and a bad job market have sent many men and women out of state to find work. The December 3, 2012 issue of People describes the lives of workers who live in camps, prefabricated dormitories, while they earn a living and send money home. Unfortunately, separations do not always make hearts grow fonder. What do you do if your spouse files a divorce action against you in a state, or a country like Canada or Mexico, that is thousands of miles away? First, you must consult with a Louisiana attorney right away. There are rules concerning where spouses may sue for divorce, custody, or support. Chances are that if you act quickly, you can keep the home field advantage provided by a Louisiana court.