Louis J. Cosenza is a skilled litigator with experience in diverse areas including tort law, medical malpractice, lawyer disciplinary proceedings, and criminal defense and prosecution in state and federal courts and military Courts Martial. In his 36 years as a lawyer, Mr. Cosenza has also represented clients in a wide variety of civil disputes, notably in the areas of contract and property law.
A native of New Orleans who has spent over 20 years practicing law in a large town, Louis also lived and practiced law for 10 years in rural west Louisiana. This life experience has given him a valuable perspective regarding the needs of citizens in the greater Baton Rouge area. After moving to Ascension Parish following hurricane Katrina, Louis established a new law firm, limiting his practice to the handling of divorce and family law matters primarily in Ascension and East Baton Rouge parishes. Louis is married with four children.
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- U.S. District Courts Eastern and Western Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC-LA)
Areas of Practice
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Community Property Division
- Pre-nuptial and Martial Agreements
- Step-Parent Adoption